Join the team
At Stabicraft we are proud to have moved beyond just a compliance focus to recognising the strategic benefits of workplace health and safety and how it contributes to our business goals of productivity, quality, brand value and customer satisfaction.
VACANCY - SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER
Stabicraft is a highly successful designer, manufacturer and global exporter of aluminium boats and we’re always looking to ‘Adventure with Confidence’ – on the water, through our designs and in our business. It’s the way we think.
Reporting to the CEO, as Supply Chain Manager, you will be responsible for leading your team towards achieving company-wide goals around the growth and development of Stabicraft. This position has a pivotal role to play in improving Stabicraft’s competitiveness in the market through strong vendor consolidation and negotiations, and tight supply chain practices.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Provide leadership and direction to the internal store and purchasing team.
- Ensure procedures are in place to maintain accuracy and integrity of stock management system.
- Build professional relationships with reliable vendors/suppliers, with an aim to consolidate the number of vendors to ensure best value for the company.
- Produce regular and meaningful reports on Supply Chain functions.
- Implement systems around annual bench-marking to maintain best pricing.
- Regular review of bills of materials, ensuring accuracy is maintained.
Coming from a manufacturing background with exposure to lean practices, you will ideally be a keen boatie with a positive and proactive attitude. You must also be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- At least five years’ experience in a supply chain management role. An experienced 2IC or someone looking to take the next step in their career may also be considered.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, as well as experience developing effective vendor relationships with key suppliers.
- Previous experience leading, coaching and motivating a team of staff.
- The ability to think logically, solve problems and think outside the square when required.
- Confident in representing the best interests of the company in supplier negotiations.
- Experience working with or implementing an MRP system would be an advantage.
Stabicraft can offer you the benefits that come from working in a terrific, forward thinking environment, with ongoing professional support and development, in a team where initiative is expected.
If you believe you have what it takes to tackle this pivotal role with New Zealand’s leading trailer boat manufacturer, then apply today!
VACANCY - ALUMINIUM MIG & TIG WELDERS
We are seeking experienced aluminium welders to join our Production Team and become Boat Builders at our Invercargill based factory.
Our customers demand the best quality welding. So when you join the team at Stabicraft, you’ll train with some of the best aluminium welders in the world to learn the art of welding the ‘Stabi way’.
We offer a great working environment in our clean, modern workshop, with up-to-date, water cooled equipment. All our welding staff are supplied with Speedglass AirFlow helmets, so you can go home feeling great at the end of the day.
It goes without saying that you will be committed to the health and safety of yourself and your team mates, but you must also:
- Have previous welding experience (specifically aluminium MIG and TIG experience is a preference).
- Be able to read, understand and follow drawings.
- Have a positive attitude and excellent work ethic.
- Take pride in completing all your work to a high standard.
This position is fulltime, 7am – 3.30pm, Monday to Friday with overtime when required. Afternoon shift work (3.00pm - 11.30pm) is also available and attracts a shift allowance on top of hourly rates.
Great remuneration is available for the right people as well as opportunities to grow and develop within the company.
We want people who can show initiative and contribute to creating a positive team culture, so if you think you are what we’re looking for then apply today!
As part of our application process, you will be required to take a practical welding test to assess your aluminium welding skills.